If you are seeking for non-cliché destination, we definitely recommend you to visit Armenia! It is a cozy country, which is mixed up with Eastern and Western mentality, some oriental spices, Soviet Union influence, Caucasian spirit, old traditions, unique culture and new perspectives. It may sound really paradoxical, but Armenia is one of the oldest and youngest countries in the world: with old heritage, rich history and young independent background. Once you get to know it from inside, part of you will always stay with its beautiful and wild landscapes, hospitable people, delicious food, pictorial mountains and nature… Armenia will fill you with unforgettable impressions and will surprise you with its possibilities and uniqueness, here you will always experience more than you have actually expected. So grab your backpack, do not forget your camera and let’s discover together why you need to visit it ASAP!
- Wild nature, high mountains, hills, caves, waterfalls and different type of stones all over the country! Spice up your impressions with some adventures and get lost in different type of reality. It is totally different from all the places you have ever been before.
- Here you will discover some world’s oldest things: like Sky Observatory which is 5,000 years old or Stone Age Tools which are about 325,000 years old, if you are more into fashion, you can see a perfectly preserved Leather Shoe, which is the oldest in the world and just 5,500 years old and many more old stuff!
- Armenia does not have any sea! But here it is Lake Sevan – one of the largest freshwater high-altitude lakes in the world. It is situated in the heart of the country, at the altitude of 1,900 m (6,200 ft) above sea level and surrounded by mountains. Numerous beaches are located along the entire lake shore. You should certainly try out its fish “Ishkhan” and crayfish, which is a really good combination with beer!
- Don't hesitate to try out Armenian food! You will love it, with its special way of preparing and serving. Food over here is really organic and fresh, the region full of tasty fruits and vegetables. And of course no words can describe the real taste of Armenian barbecue. There is no reason to be worried in case if you are a vegetarian you will get the special portion of barbecue made from veggies.
- You will be able to explore old churches and holy places with unique architecture all over Armenia! Most of them are hidden in the high mountains and caves. Here you can take the longest Aerial Ropeway in the world! Learn about “KhachKars” – Cross Stones which are typical only for Armenian culture, learn about Armenian language and its graphically unique alphabet, which was introduced around 405AD.
- Oh, make sure you got some room in your backpack, so you will be able to take presents with you by the end of your trip! Because that is what is going to happen to you in Armenia, people here are way too friendly and hospitable, especially in villages. Although they won’t be able to communicate with you in English, you probably won’t realize how apparently you are having dinner with them and exchanging numbers and they will give you some presents (mostly food, handmade stuff and wine). A tiny portion of cultural shock from locals.
- You always can chill out in Yerevan – which got the reputation of a very safe city. Here you can see harmonic combination of East and West, Old and New. From one side you will discover open markets, carpet’s shops and shawarma places; from another side you will enjoy modern cafes, bars, restaurants and coffee places and night life. Here old buildings intersect with new constructions and Soviet Architecture. Also don’t miss out the view of mountain Ararat, which will follow you during your entire trip…